Monday, May 21, 2007

The Final Post

It's been a year and a half since my time in Sweden. It didn't work out with Peter and me. But yes, I'm glad I had the experience. Ten weeks in a foreign country is enriching in a way that supercedes any other form of learning.

It's tempting to say something melodramatic like "It turns out that Peter had a heart as cold as a Swedish winter." but that's not true. He's basically a nice man who is trying to figure out what he wants. I suspect he will live in the same house the rest of his life. He's happy sharing his neighborhood with moose and boar. I wouldn't be. I'm a city girl who thinks such critters belong in zoos (come to think of it, why does one never see a moose in a zoo?)

All I can do is wish Peter well, and hope he wishes good things for me. My plan is to fall madly in love and get married to someone right here in my own country. Hopefully that man will love to travel, and one day we'll visit Sweden and Norway. I need to see the northern lights and I think somewhere in Scandinavia- maybe near the arctic circle- would be an awesome place for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home